Hello! Welcome Back! Today I am going to talk about and give you guys tips on how to clean your makeup brushes. Your tools are a very important part to makeup application and taking care of them properly will insure they last you a while. Not only will it ensure your tools last long it is also better for your skin so you aren’t spreading bacteria around. I recommend cleaning your brushes once a week, I myself am really bad at remembering to wash my brushes but hopefully this will inspire me and you, to start cleaning! Lets get started!
- The first thing you want to do is wet your bristles, you want to get them wet but you don’t want to get the soaked just yet. You want to try to get as little water into the barrel of your brush as possible.
- Next you want to swirl your brush in soap, you can either use a solid brush cleaner, baby shampoo or regular dial soap. The most important thing is you want the soap to be gentle and anti-bacterial.
- Then you want to swirl the soapy brush either in your hand or on a cleaning mat, I prefer the cleaning mat because it gets a deeper clean and your hand don’t get all pruiny. I use the cleaning mat from real techniques because it works well and its inexpensive.
- Once you have worked the soap into the brush you should start to see some of the dirt and makeup coming out, you want to then rinse your brush until the water runs clear.
- If the brush is really dirty you are going to want to repeat steps 2-4 until the brush is completely clean,
Drying Your Brushes
After you clean your brushes you obviously need to dry them. The best way to dry them is to have them hang with the bristles facing downward. You want to do this because that will ensure that any left over water will drain out of them. You don’t want the water draining down into the barrel of the brush because that will cause the glue to loosen and you are more likely to experience shedding and eventually your brush falling apart completely.
Cleaning Beauty Sponges
While you should clean your brushes once a week it is important to clean your beauty sponge every day. Product will apply better if you have a clean sponge. You do the same steps as I explained for cleaning the brush, use an anti-bacterial soap, rub your wet sponge in the soap, swirl it and wring it under water until all the product comes out. You want to make sure you don’t put your sponge in an enclosed space until the sponge is completely dry so that it doesn’t get moldy.
I hope you guys have found this helpful, if you have any tips on how you clean your makeup brushes please leave them in the comments. I’d love to hear your thoughts! Until next time…
Be Nice. Be Good.
Hi! I’m Michelle, but you can call me Mich. I’m just your normal 23 year old trying to figure out life and thought I’d share some of my experiences and interests with the world. This blog will cover all things under the sun from makeup favorites to mental health to religion and everything serious or not so serious in between! I want us to build a little community filled with love and support so please leave me comments and hit that follow button on your way out. This blog has a very special place in my heart and feels like a important part of my path in life so I hope you stay a while and check out what it’s like to be Simply Michelle.
Be Nice. Be Good.