Lifestyle

Fall Home Decor Haul!

Fall Home Decor Haul

Hello! Welcome Back and HAPPY FALL! Autumn has officially sprung and I could not be more excited about it. Fall is my favorite season, I love the cooler weather without it being freezing, the crisp air, the leaves changing and most importantly the countdown to Christmas begins! For those who don’t know, I still live with my parents and because of that, only have one place to really call my own which is my bedroom. I’m a big homebody, my home and personal space is really important to me and I need it to make me feel safe. Since my space is so important to me, I really enjoy decorating it for the appropriate season. The time to redecorate couldn’t have come at a better time, last week was pretty rough for me and cleaning always makes me feel better. Combine that with setting up new fall decorations, it was exactly what I needed to distract myself for a few hours. So, without further ado I’m going to show you everything I picked up this year for fall home decor and how I styled it around my room.

When I went out shopping, I knew I wanted small wall decor pieces, floral accents and my fairy lights to be the focus of my room. Considering I have aqua blue walls, I also needed the colors to compliment each other. Which is why I decided to go with the oranges and burgundies along with white with gold accents which goes with everything.

The best thing about it all is, nothing was expensive, I probably spent about $50 dollars total. Which I know sounds like a lot but, for the amount of things I got that’s a great price. My most expensive item was probably my blanket, which I was comfortable with because that is something I can use all year round.

Now onto where I got each item. I do live in America so my abroad readers won’t be able to pick up this exact stuff but you should be able to find similar items at your local craft stores. First stop was Target, honestly I’d be lost without Target. You can always find good things for low prices. I found my leaf garland, string lights, the Give Thanks and Hello Fall pumpkin. Nothing was over ten dollars, honestly thinking back I don’t think anything was even over 5 dollars which is so great! Next, I went to Michael’s which for those of you who don’t know is a arts & craft store. All their fall decor was 50% off which I couldn’t pass up, I’m not made of stone here! I found my “But I Think I Love Fall Most of All” sign, my beautiful pre-made floral bouquet and the white pumpkin with the outline of gold leaves. I loved that each pieces was simple and elegant with still having that cozy feel to them. Finally, I went to one last craft store because I felt like just a few things were missing, I knew exactly where I could find the perfect finishing touches. I use to work at a store called Joann Fabrics, which was my last stop. Like all the other stores, incredible sales. All their fall decor was 60% off, a steal! I actually think I got my favorite pieces from here. I picked up the plaid blanket, candle holder and circle wall decor. Since I use to work their, I knew they always had really cute seasonal decor including super soft and comfy blankets. This year was no exception.

Now for my favorite part, the grand reveal of how I incorporated each piece into my room…

mantel-2-e1537834967702.png

I’m really happy with how everything turned out, I think all my pieces all flow well together and really bring out the beauty of fall. What are you favorite pieces that I picked up? Do you decorate for fall? Let me know in the comments! Thanks for stopping by, Until next time…

Be Nice. Be Good.

Mich. x

img_5072-1

Advertisements

Simply Michelle

Hi! I’m Michelle, but you can call me Mich. I’m just your normal 24 year old trying to figure out life and thought I’d share some of my experiences and interests with the world. This blog will cover all things under the sun from makeup favorites to mental health to religion and everything serious or not so serious in between! I want us to build a little community filled with love and support so please leave me comments and hit that follow button on your way out. This blog has a very special place in my heart and feels like a important part of my path in life so I hope you stay a while and check out what it’s like to be Simply Michelle.

Be Nice. Be Good.

You may also like...

76 Comments

1. I looooove fall! I can’t wait to get my own decorations!

XO Steph
    littlemissshortstuff.wordpress.com

1. please share what you get when you pick it up!!! xx

2. I love everything you’ve picked up and I honestly can’t wait to move out so I have my own house to decorate for fall and then for Christmas rather than having to cram everything into my bedroom! Your room looks lovely with all of these new pieces I’m glad you’re happy with it!

Jess // foundationsandfairytales.wordpress.com
    xx

1. thank you! i completely agree it would be lovely to have more space to decorate but for now my little corner of the house will do. thanks for reading xx

3. Lisa's Notebook says:

I can’t tell you just how much I wish we had a Target in the UK! I love everything you’ve picked up, especially all the pumpkins and fairy lights 🎃 Your room looks beautifully Autumnal! X

Lisa | http://www.lisasnotebook.com

1. With how much I spend in that store i’m surprised the company can’t open up a store over there lol! thank you so much! xx

4. I’ve never decorates my room for the autumn time but I love the idea of doing it! Your decorations are so cute X

1. thank you! i didn’t use to until just a few years ago, i get more into it as I get older lol xx

5. hannahslifediaries says:

I live in the UK, so like you said I can’t pick all of this stuff up, but you have given me some decorating ideas for my own place. Thanks for sharing, I think my favourite was woven circle wall hanging! I’m looking on Etsy now for something similar.

Hannah | hannahslifediaries.com

1. thank you! im sure you will be able to find something very similar, it was definitely one of the stores more “hand made” looking items!

6. I wish we had Target here! I love the cosiness of autumn, new fluffy blankets and new candles. I can’t wait until it gets a little bit colder and I can properly enjoy it x

Sophie

1. target really is like the promise land aka promise you will leave broke land! every year i purchase a new candle of my favorite scent from bath and body works and fall hasn’t begun until i’ve lit that candle lol xx

7. I am so obsessed with everything you showed! I miss when canada had target!!!

1. thank you! i didn’t know they had target!? can’t believe they would take it away it’s the best store on earth!

8. sophiedancer13 says:

Such cute pieces! I really like the lights, they’re super autumn-y! In Australia (at least where I live) we don’t really get that pretty orange/yellow fall colour in our trees or anything. Everything is just a little bit extra cold and the leaves fall off without the pretty colour!

-Sophie xx
    Cherries & Perfume

1. thank you! and oh that’s so sad, the changing colors is one of my favorite things about fall! i love seeing the transition from green to yellow to orange to brown. however i could do without having to rack them lol! x

9. I definitely need to up my Autumn decor game! My room / house doesn’t really change in Autumn even though Autumn decor is SO cute!

1. i’m the only one in my house who decorated for autumn. honestly if it wasn’t for me i doubt we’d do half of what we decorate for christmas. haha

10. Wow! I love this post! The images are really outstanding x

1. thank you xx

11. This is so cute! You really have an eye for interior design! I LOVE that blanket so much, as well as the woven circle! I live in the UK so, like you said, it might be a bit harder to find things, but I’m gonna have a good old browse!

Jas xx | https://thoughtsfromjasmine.co.uk

1. Thank you so much! You’ll have to let me know if you kind anything cute! I hope you’re feeling better 💓

12. I’ve got my pumpkins out and I’m so happy!

Love, Amie ❤
    The Curvaceous Vegan

1. yay! gotta love the pumpkins! xx

13. Autumn is my fave time for decorations around the house!

1. christmas is my favorite but autumn is definitely my second favorite!

14. Han Armstrong says:

You picked up some lovely bits – has got me all excited for the colder months! x

Han | lifewithhan.blog

1. Thank you! xx

15. These are some great picks! I love Autumn, it’s definitely my favourite time of year. Those mini pumpkins are very cute, I’m going to see if I can find anything similar locally. TK Maxx maybe?

1. Yes!! you should be able to find things there, here in america it’s actually called TJ Maxx but they’re the same store lol xx

1. I figured they would be. Wonder why the name change? 🤔

16. Chloe Francis says:

Gah, loving the decorations. I love autumn colours! xx

1. thank you xx autumn colors are my favorites as well!

17. ChelseaHodges says:

Loved this! I honestly have been meaning to put up some cute fall decor in my room now for a while, and I have to say my go to place is Target for sure! Their dollar section is the best place to get some great deals on fall decorations for just $1! I’m obsessed. I love that you are USA based! I find so many bloggers that are UK based and hardly any that are in America, haha. Great post and your decor is adorable! xo

Chelsea ♡ http://www.thedailychelsea.com

1. thank you! and yes i love the dollar section at target! Yay for US based bloggers! I find that a lot are UK based as well, so it is nice to have someone who knows the places i’m talking about lol! xo

18. I love Fall too and I’m also a homebody so I totally get wanting to make your space nice and cozy. Cute decorations and sounds like you got some good deals too!

1. Thank you! Couldn’t ask for more, good deals and cute home decor! x

19. You have chosen some amazing fall home decor, I like the decorations and the flowers look very nice too! Autumn has to be my favourite time of the year.

Melissa 🌙 | http://www.moonlightmel.co.uk

1. thank you so much! xx

20. This has gotten me so excited for fall! Nothing like making your room cosy this time of the year x
    Morgan // http://www.justmorgs.com

1. Thanks! I agree it’s my favorite thing. Always feel like there is this fresh start that comes with the beginning of Autumn and i love that x

21. ooh, I love this post! the room looks fab x

1. thank you so much! xx

22. Laura at Palette of Thoughts says:

I love the lights you got, so cute! Also I’m going to America for the first time in November and I’m so excited to go to Target! 🙈 xx

1. thank you! and oh my goodness get ready, honestly bring an extra suitcase because by then they will have all their christmas stuff out! 🎅🏼 xx

23. I love everything you picked out and I really can’t wait to have my own home so I can decorate it for fall and all the seasons. It makes everywhere look super cosy! I love the little white pumpkin, hopefully I can find something similar here in the UK.

Samantha | https://believeinamiracle.co.uk

1. thank you! i agree that putting your own touches in a home makes all the difference! xx

24. To be honest my room is decorated for Autumn all year round, haha! It is by far the best season I agree! I absolutely adore that plaid blanket so much and I love orange and red tones so much. I really wish we had a Target in the UK, it seems like the absolute best store and their Halloween stuff looks bloody incredible! Hopefully I can make it over to the US one year and send loads of stuff home hehe.
    Alice Xx

1. Thank you! I can attest that the plaid blanket is the perfect weight for a midday autumn nap! Their Halloween stuff is great especially because it’s not overly expensive! I hope you’re able to make it over here one year soon, halloween and christmas time is the best time for target if you ask me! lol x

25. You found so many lovely goodies Mich! I especially love the orange blanket and leaf garland. Your room looks so cosy and everything fits together perfectly. I wish there was a Target in the U.K., it looks like it has so many awesome things! Thank you for sharing your haul lovely <3 xx

Bexa | http://www.hellobexa.com

1. thank you! and yes target is amazing! it’s like a one stop shop for everything! x

26. NextOnTheMap says:

Love everything you’ve got here, must make your whole home feel so cosy! It’s really starting to get autumnal where I live now so will have to decorate alongside. Great post!

1. Thank you! Sadly I have to wait another week for it to start actually feeling like fall but that wasn’t gonna get in my way of decorating! xx

27. love this post! such a cute way to get into the seasonal mood, loving the lights and the garland xx

1. Thank you so much! Can’t wait till I have more than one bedroom to do, I’ll have so much fun with that! xx

28. You’ve got a great selection of items here! I love interior design and redecorating my room so this post was a lot of fun for me to read! I love the pumpkins! So cute!

1. Thank you so much! I love interior design as well! I think it’s such a fun way to express yourself! xx

29. I love redecorating my room – it makes me feel like a new person haha! I love the idea of adding seasonal bits instead of going for a drastic change – you still get that sense of new and appreciating the season. So jealous of all the home decor that is available in the USA. I feel like we aren’t as big on seasonal decorating here in the UK, it only seems to be really big at Christmas 🙁

Hayley | hayleyxmartin

1. Thank you! Oh no, I couldn’t imagine not being able to decorate for each season! Like you said it gives you enough sense of newness while not having to spend a whole lot! Hopefully the UK will be on board with seasonal decorating soon! xx

30. I’ve got to admit summer is my fav season coz it’s warm and nice but I love all the fall colors! So bright and warm! And the decor you got is so cute!

1. Thank You! I use to love summer because it would mean no school but now that I’m older and the summers seem to be getting hotter and more humid, I am not a fan haha xx

31. Fall is my favorite time of the year! I love everything you have her! It all coordinates and looks amazing!

1. Thank you! Fall is my favorite time of year as well! The weather is absolutely perfect because its not to hot but not to cold yet either! xx

32. Love all of these! They work so well together. It’s my favourite time of year too but this was the first year I’ve actually done some updates on my bedroom decor to match, still have plenty to get though! May need to take some inspiration from you here!

Abbey | Diary of a Fibro Girl

1. Thank you! Let me know what other bits you get for your space! xx

33. Autumn is my favourite time of year too! I love the bits you’ve picked up here – and for how little you spent!

Kayla | http://www.kaylajayne.co.uk
    xo

1. Thank You! I loved that I was able to get it for so cheap because I am always really tight on money. Being able to treat myself but not having to break the bank was so amazing! xx

34. Miss Blogs-A-Bit says:

Ahh this is so cute that you decorate especially for Autumn! Have to say, the only time we tend to decorate at home is Christmas. The Fall sign and blanket are both lovely. Well everything is really! But they’re probably what caught my eye most. Oh and the fairy lights! And good job getting lots of pieces with 50/60% off, yes girl! Xx

1. Thank you! The blanket is amazing, perfect for a midday weekend nap! I may or may not have put it to the test lol xx

35. Geraldine says:

Love your decor! It’s putting me in the mood to decorate my room as well haha

1. Thank you! If you do decorate it please tweet me pictures of it! xx

36. I like Target too and I think you picked up some great items!

1. Yes! Target is amazing, thank you so much! xx

37. You decorated so nicely for the fall! I love fall colors!

1. Thank you so much! xx

38. […] 2020, it’s just so catchy! I digress. A couple months back I did a post showing you all my Fall Home Decor, and it went over extremely well. Not to toot my own horn but it’s my fourth most viewed post […]