Hey Guys! Hope you’re all doing well! Lately, I’ve been experiencing a lower then desired mental health. No where near what I use to be a year ago, but the tightness in my chest is definitely noticeable. There could be a bunch of reasons for this that I won’t bore you with, but today I wanted to offer you guys a coping mechanism that I have been trying to practice more. One of the most common feelings when suffering from poor mental health is, poor self esteem. We tend, or at least I tend to start having a hard time thinking positive thoughts about myself when my depression is setting back in.
A common and very good way to combat this is to practice positive affirmations. Trust me, I know it’s easier said then done. When you have poor self esteem looking yourself in the mirror and saying good things about yourself is pretty terrifying. Today, I want to tell you my favorite phrases of positive affirmation. Most of these are pretty basic, but that makes them beginner friendly because like I said it can be a pretty daunting task to say these things to yourself when you don’t believe them. So without further ado, let’s whisper sweet nothings to ourselves.
25 Positive Affirmations
1. I am strong.
2. I am capable.
3. I am worthy of love from myself and others.
4. I am smart and deserve to be heard.
5. I am beautiful.
6. I have survived these feelings before, I can survive them again.
7. I have a purpose on this earth.
8. I am powerful, a force to be reckoned with.
9. I will be successful.
10. I am exactly where I’m suppose to be.
11. I am going at my own pace.
12. I am perfect in God’s eyes.
13. I am kind.
14. I am ready for whatever life throws at me.
15. I am important.
16. There is no one else just like me, which makes me special.
17. I will make my dreams come true because I deserve my dream life.
18. I am not my mental illness.
19. I am not my insecurities.
20. I am worthy, by my own definition.
21. I choose to put myself first.
22. I can handle more than I give myself credit for.
23. I was not put on this earth just to please others.
24. I am enough.
25. I believe in myself.
I Have a Challenge For You
Phew, that was therapeutic for me to write out. So I’m hoping you guys also found it helpful. I thought it might be fun to also turn this into a little challenge, that way we all can get involved in being kinder to ourselves. My challenge for you all, is to take one of these phrases and say it to yourself every morning for a week. It can be one of these or it can be one that you make up yourself.
Whichever you choose, say it to yourself everyday for a week and see if repeating it daily makes you start to actually believe it. Let me know down in the comments which phrase you choose if you do decide to participate in this challenge. I look forward to hearing what you picked, I absolutely love being able to connect with you all. Thanks for stopping by, until next time…
Be Nice. Be Good.