Hey guys! Hope you’re all doing well! Last week Natonya from Just Natonya wrote a tag post that was essentially a spin off of VOGUE’s 73 Question. I was lucky enough to be one of the people she tagged to also do this post, and I could not be more thrilled about it. I think posts like these are always so much fun. As bloggers we tend to share a lot, some of it being extremely personal depending on what we’re writing about. However, sometimes it’s fun to share the little things about ourselves that you won’t find in a post about home decor If you haven’t checked out Natonya’s post you can find that, here. So without further ado, let’s jump in these 73 Questions.
73 Questions with Simply Michelle
1.What’s your usual Starbucks order?
- I’m a creature of habit so I order the exact same thing every time I go, Strawberry Acai refresher with Lemonade and light ice, the light ice is crucial. If you haven’t tried it yet you need to, it’s like strawberry lemonade for royalty.
2.What does your work station look like?
- Honestly, I don’t really have a work station. I’m currently sat in my bed writing this post on my laptop but, when I do set up one that’s more professional it’s typically at a Starbucks. I’ll pop in my Airpods get out my planner & laptop and get to work.
3. All-time favorite food?
- This is going to be such a basic answer but, I’m a basic eater so Mac & Cheese.
4. Favorite author?
- I don’t really have a favorite author. Reading is kinda challenging for me as in I struggle to stay concentrated (thank you anxiety). So if the author actually captures my attention and I finish the book then they are a good author in my mind.
5. What do you think of open relationships?
- I’m not gonna tell people how to live their life but I would never be in an open relationship.
6. What is your favorite video game?
- I’m not into video games now but I was in elementary school I loved playing Aladdin on Sega. Also DDR (Dance Dance Revolution) I would always sneak into my brothers room when he wasn’t home and play it.
7. Guilty pleasure treat?
- I mean it’s less of a guilty pleasure because I have them pretty often but my go to treat is a brownie, from anywhere really. I don’t discriminate against brownies.
8. Your favorite movie?
- Disney’s The Little Mermaid OH! Also the 2018 version of Christopher Robin, absolute masterpiece.
9. Favorite book?
- A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J Maas
10. Best advice you’ve ever received?
- Honestly, it’s so cliche but Be Kind is the best advice I’ve ever been given. My whole life and more so now as an adult I’ve prided myself off of the kindness I share with others. Kindness will take you farther in life than you could ever imagine.
11. Twitter or Instagram?
- Hmm, twitter for personal use but instagram for blog/business.
12. Are you a desktop or laptop person?
- Laptop person for sure.
13. What projects are you working on right now?
- A 30 Day Mental Health Journal
14. What’s your favorite color?
- Anything blush pink speaks to me
15. Did you get good grades in school?
- Yeah, basically had a B average throughout all my years in school.
16. Dream job?
- Well, this. My blog. I would love to turn this into my business that I have control of & the freedom to explore different business ventures.
17. Played any sports?
- Yes, but I’m such an unathletic person that I try to forget my poor attempt at playing sports.
18. Do you have a degree?
- I do, Bachelors of Science in Marketing.
- I’m a mixture of Northern European (Ireland, Scotland) or in other words the palest parts of Europe. (but also I’m American)
20. What’s your favorite kind of blog post to do?
21. What do you like to collect?
- I guess makeup, granted I use majority of it but my makeup collection is huge. (Let me know in the comments if you’d like a dedicated post about my makeup collection & how I store my makeup)
22. Describe yourself in 3 words?
- Kind, Patient, Loyal
23. If you were a rapper what would your name rapper be?
- B-Dar (it’s basically my last name without a couple letters)
24. Who was the last person you DM’d?
- I’m not much of a DMer but it was on my personal account, one of my best friends Fia.
25. What’s on the top of your wish list right now?
- A new bottle of my Sunday Riley Ceramic Slip Cleanser & Good Genes Serum. I’m nearly out of both & simply can’t be without them.
26. Sorting House?
- Honestly, haven’t got a clue. I’ve only seen snippets of certain Harry Potter movies, they aren’t really my thing.
27. How many tattoos do you have?
28. What are you most grateful for this year?
- My older brother being in remission from cancer
29. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you this month?
- I got Jonas Brother floor seats for the day after my 25th birthday. I’ve loved them since I was like 11 and I’ve never had floor seats to anything before.
30. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you today?
- Depression is making me painfully aware of how hard this question is to answer but um I got my winged eyeliner right on the first try. It’s always a good makeup day when that happens, and good makeup days make me feel great about myself so yeah that’s a win for today.
31. What’s the best thing ever?
- Coming home to my Golden Retriever, Lily. She get’s so excited everyday and it’s the sweetest thing ever. Dogs are great.
32. Favorite season?
33. Favorite holiday?
- Christmas, it should be every day of the year if you ask me.
34. Which fictional character do you relate to the most?
- I would say I’m a mixture of winnie the pooh & piglet. Pooh’s love for food and a big ‘ol belly but piglets anxiety.
35. Do you like surprises?
- No not at all, I literally beg my friends to spoil things for me so I’m prepared.
36. What’s the biggest surprise you ever had?
- In 2015 my parents surprised me with an iPhone 6s. I was convinced I wasn’t getting it and then I opened up a big box which of course has a littler box inside and inside the litter box was my new rose gold iPhone.
37. What’s the surprise that made you cry?
- I can’t think of one specific but if the surprise includes Justin Timberlake you’ll have me in tears.
38. What’s the best surprise you’ve ever given someone?
- The other week I sent my best friend Keira flowers for no reason besides I love her and wanted her to smile. Our distance was overwhelmingly noticeable that week but her reaction made that distance manageable again.
39. Do you like muffins?
- Yes! Chocolate Chip Muffins for the win!
40. Do you cook often?
- Hmm not really, I enjoy baking more than I do cooking.
41. What’s your favorite dessert?
- The Cheesecake Factory Hershey Bar Cheesecake.
42. Is there a dessert you don’t like?
- If the dessert doesn’t have chocolate in it, I don’t trust it.
43. Cake or pie?
44. What’s your least favorite food?
- I don’t like fish or any seafood for that matter. Actually the list of foods I don’t like is probably longer than the ones I do. I eat like a five year old.
45. What’s your favorite condiment?
- None, I hate condiment.
46. It’s 4 AM on a Saturday night, what would you eat?
- Again, anything with chocolate but if were trying to be specific probably chocolate chip cookies.
47. If you could teach a college class, what would it be called?
- Hmm, I haven’t thought about this before so I’m really not sure. I think it would definitely be on how to make things look aesthetically appealing for social media. Be it with lighting, organizing props, or editing photo’s anything that helps make your social media presence prettier.
48. Best animated film?
- I’m biased because it’s my favorite movie but, The Little Mermaid
49. What has a guy done or said to impress you?
- When one does something to impress me, I’ll let you know.
50. Best thing to do on a first date?
- Hello, My name is Michelle, I’m about to be 25 and I’ve never been on a proper first date. (That’ll have the boys lining up for me won’t it)
51. Worst thing to do on a first date?
- Don’t take me somewhere that involves a bunch of physical activity I’m not trying to get all sweaty on a first date, or somewhere that you can’t really talk.
52. What’s the funniest pick-up line a guy could use on a girl?
- This is courtesy of Nick Jonas but, “Slow down sugar, I’m diabetic” Honestly though, do pick-up lines ever work? I feel like I would purposely turn someone down for using a corny pick-up line and I love corny stuff!
53. Best comic book character?
- I don’t read comics so I don’t know any
54. What are three things that are always in your purse?
- My phone, Lipgloss, Tampons
55. Favorite drink?
56. If you could play a historical figure in a movie who would it be?
- Queen Elizabeth, no real reason I just think it would be fun to be a queen and have a british accent
57. Kittens or puppies?
58. Tell me your favorite sushi roll?
- I’ve never tried sushi and I never will try sushi.
59. What kind of lipstick do you use?
- My favorite lipstick of all time is Creme Cup by Mac but right now I’m using Nars Afterglow Lip Balm in Orgasm
60. What kind of fountain do you use?
- Charolette Tillbury Light Wonder Foundation in the share 1 Fair.
61. Blow dry or air dry?
- Blow Dry, I’ve been using the Revlon One Step Hair Volumizer for a while now to dry my hair. I speak more on it in this post if you’re interested in learning more about it.
62. Who is your fashion icon?
- Hayley Williams
63. Favorite Disney Character?
64. What are you doing for tomorrow?
- Working 10-4pm, probably going shopping for some repurchases after work.
65. Movie you laughed the hardest through?
- Well I usually laugh through every movie I watch with my college roommate Megan because she finds a way to mock the whole thing which I find hilarious, but Pitch Perfect had me cracking up at the actual humor in the movie.
66. Movie that made you cry?
- I can’t pick just one, I’m a cry baby so lots of movies make me cry.
67. If you could sing a duet with someone, who would it be?
- Justin Timberlake simply so I could meet him lol!
68. If your life was a song, what would the title be?
- Fake Happy (That’s already a Paramore song but it fits me so well). We’re working on that not being that case but, one day at a time.
69. What’s your favorite animal?
- Golden Retriever or Lion
70. Favorite illustrator?
- I’ve never paid much attention to art so, I don’t have one
71. Person you wanna have coffee with?
- Harry Styles
72. What’s the country you wish to visit?
- I wanna go to England and France so badly
73. Best way to decompress?
- I really enjoy taking a bubble bath and doing some yoga as my way to decompress
Well, there you have it! I hope you guys enjoyed getting to know more about me! I had so much fun writing this post. I am having such hard time narrowing down who I want to tag to do this post next so, I tag all of you! Anyone who reads this post, I encourage you to do your own rendition on it! If you do decide to do this post, be sure to tag me so that I can read all your answers! What was your favorite thing you learned about me? Let me know in the comments! Thanks for stopping by, until next time…
Be Nice. Be Good.